8.21.2008

An Update. . .

Things have been so hectic lately that I am sorry that I have not been better to let you all know what has been going on in our crazy lives. Travis for sometime has wanted to be a teacher, but he has held back because the pay is not very good and well he never had his license. He was working at Fidelity Investments and even though they were really good to us, Trav still had the feeling he wanted to be a teacher...so we decided to give it a try. We knew that he probably would have a small chance of getting a job not being licensed, but we went ahead...application after application. No replies...or the job had been filled, as it came closer to the school year we were sure that some school needed to fill a void so we kept applying...application after application...and a phone call came. Idalia, Colorado..hmmm and then Terreton, Idaho..hmmm and then Jordan High School...sounds good, but then Spring Creek Middle School in Providence, even better!!! So with about three weeks to go before school started, we took the job ;) We moved all of our stuff out of our apartment in Cedar Hills and packed it into my Dad's trailer. We made a plan. You all probably know how that goes... it never seems to go as planned. The first week we stayed in Salina, while I worked for my Dad, and Travis headed off to workshops. After that week Travis said he had found us a place to rent month to month while we looked for a house, so Easton and I headed up to Logan... Well things didn't go as planned, the place we had just signed a contract on was horribly filthy and we didn't feel good about Easton being in there, so I luckily found a new place after a lot of searching and we move in on Saturday. I tell you even though things don't go as planned, they do work out and the Lord seems to bless us. Travis started school today and I know he is going to be a great teacher. I promise to post some pictures as soon as we get all settled.

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh THANK you for an update. I've been dying since you just up and left! SHEESH! I didn't even get a proper goodbye! I mean--I didn't get to give you a proper goodbye. Bummer!
I hope it goes well for you guys though! How exciting for Travis. i am so glad we became friends. Come back to visit soon, ok?
The Gundersons

Christensen's said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! If Jed and I are ever in the area we will for sure stop by. I wish he would have taken the job at Jordan, but that is okay. We will miss you guys living so close, even though we didn't take advantage of it often enough!

Ashlee said...

Congrats! What an adventure!! :) Where is it that your moving to? Good luck!

Melissa said...

That's exciting. I know some great kids that go to Spring Creek! How fun to be in Cache Valley again- Cliff is jealous! Your little boy is so cute and getting so big!

Unknown said...

If only that trip to Salina lasted more than a week :( We are excited for you guys and your newest adventure. I have NO doubt that Travis will make a great teacher. He is always coming up with cute games and activities for the grandkids.

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

i feel ya, lynzie. lincoln and i have been through all of trying to move to a new place and finding a place to live. i too agree that the lord is mindful of each of us.

good luck with everything else.