11.14.2008

Catching the Holiday Spirit...

We have caught the Christmas bug. So I know it just seems like Halloween was yesterday, but we are getting excited for Christmas... You can probably tell by the new face of our blog :) I just love the holidays, everyone seems to be more joyful and giving. I wish the Christmas spirit could last year round. The other night I got into Travis' truck and he had the radio tuned to FM 100 where they have already started playing Christmas music and as I listened it seemed to cheer my mood. I have already put up some Christmas decorations and I am waiting for the snow to fall so Easton and I can build a snowman. Travis loves hot chocolate year round and I have found some fun new hot cocoa recipes to try. We are trying to decide what we should do this year for our sibling gift giving so if you have any ideas of things your family has tried let me know. Also I would like to know what is your favorite part about the holidays? What are some fun recipes that you have tried? Let me know I am so excited to start some new traditions. For now I hope you all catch the holiday spirit soon.

6 comments:

The Jolley Family said...

I'm right there with you. I love Christmas!

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

happy birthday first of all. and it's funny that you took a picture in the corn maze like that because i have one almost exactly like that which was taken a couple of years ago.

diddo on the christmas. lincoln has started playing christmas music about a week ago too. we have quite a few selection to choose from. i am also trying to come up with some christmas traditions for our own little family of two so if i find any good ones i'll let you know.

Shels said...

My fav Christmas thing is BY FAR Christmas lights. Usually around the valley you will her of houses that are decked out and that you must see. But of course, the lights at Temple Square are a treat. I just cant get over how every single branch is wrapped in lights! I think I love it so much because I would never have the patience to decorate like that-so I thoroughly enjoy the work of others! :)

Christensen's said...

For a minute there I thought the count down on your blog was for a new baby...hopeful wishing :) And I am also soooo excited for the holidays. I am lame because I already pulled out some of my Christmas decorations. I couldn't wait. I am planning on trying a few new recipes myself. I will pass them along if they are any good.

Ashlee said...

I love your blog background. It's so cute! I'm getting excited for christmas as well. What a fun season!

Anonymous said...

our Baby boy is soo cute Except for the Toilet paper

Taylor