9.30.2008

CrEaTe :)

Since Easton's Birthday Party was this last Saturday I was unable to watch Women's Conference, but because of the Internet which I love I was able to watch a video feed on Sunday while Easton was napping. I love to watch conference because it is a great reminder of what we should be doing. I enjoyed listening to all the talks but President Utchdorf's stood out in my mind the most. He told us women that we are of great value, which is something that has been told to us many times before, but then he told us that as women we should be creating. As I thought of this and listened to his talk as he spoke of all the different things which we could CREATE or BEATIFY it inspired me...
The last couple of days I have been thinking of different things that I could create or areas of my life or talents in which I can work on to help others. As Easton was taking his nap today I got out my material box and found some old fleece and decided to make Easton a couple scarfs for the winter. I was so excited with the finished product that I began to look for more things to create. Since Halloween is coming up I got out our Halloween Ghost that we give out every Halloween and made some oreo cookies to go with it. I am excited to hand it out. I also love to work with computers, I remember when I was working at Great Western designing playgrounds how much I loved to start something from scratch and then follow through with the finished product. (The double screens were fun to work with also). But I decided after taking pictures of Easton that it might be something that I would want to pursue in the future and it works with being a full time mom. So I am excited to look into photography classes. Thanks for the great message President Utchdorf. To view this message go to http://www.lds.org/ and then click on Women's Conference.

1 comments:

Christensen's said...

Oh didn't you just love his talk! I am glad that you reminded me, because when I heard his talk I thought...I am going to go home and create something. Needless to say, life is busy again and I completely forgot about the ambition I felt then. I am remotivated. Thanks Lynz!